All Set for #SGYsweetsummerKAL

I'm picky when it comes to knit-alongs but this one checked off so many boxes for me that I couldn't resist.

First, I'm in love with Sweet Georgia yarns- especially the Tough Love Sock.  It's soft, survives living around a toddler, and best of all- the colour selection is out of this world.
Second, I had set a goal for myself to get another Westknits project off the needles in time for this year's Knit City and had already ordered the yarn.

I'm new to brioche knitting, only about halfway through my first project.  So I knew I wanted to tackle one of Stephen West's more simple brioche patterns for this challenge.  I settled on Syncopation Adoration Cowl which allows for great colour play, texture, and versatility in the finished garment.  I wanted something wearable and simple that didn't look so simple.

The yarn.  Oh the yarn.  Have I mentioned I love this yarn? 


The pattern calls for some stripes, plus one solid for the two colour brioche.  For the striped yarns, I picked out a neutral soft set of mini skeins (Pary of Five) in Cobblestone.  It's a soft warm grey, just a hint of brown.  Not quite brown, not quite grey.  The single colour I chose to pair with the mini skeins is a shade called Grapefruit and it's delicious.
 

Here's the minis with the full size for scale. 
And a bouquet of yarn in better lighting to see how they will play together. 


Casting on for this July 10- till then these are going to sit on my desk within squeezing distance.

I should mention- I'm not affiliated with Knit City, Sweet Georgia or Stephen West but I am a big fan of all three!

Happy Knitting!
-Adele

No comments:

Post a Comment

What the Fade Complete!

At the start of this year, I cast on for something entirely selfish- a shawl by Andrea Mowry called What The Fade.  I was lucky to take a cl...