A Sweet Georgia Day

I was recently lucky enough to score a spot in the Sweet Georgia fibre club.  My first club!  Each month, for three months, we get a special colourway dyed specifically for the club.

This being my first month, I didn't know what to expect- and I can't express how happy I am with what I received.  A merino-tussah blend (soooo soft) and the colour can speak for itself.  As soon as I saw it I thought- this will look great on the blog!  The fibre came with a nicely produced card with some information on the fibre blend as well as the colourway.  I love this attention to detail and can't wait to play with this fibre.

So without further ado- some eye candy to enjoy.
Once I get through my spins currently in progress I'll make sure to link back to this post with a photo of the finished yarn.
And speaking of spins in progress- here's my starting point for my Ravelry group spin for the Tour de Fleece- a gradient batt dyed by CraftyJaks who is local to me here in Vancouver. I'm using a Golding purpleheart lace weight spindle and an Enid Ashcroft drop spindle and practicing a long(ish) draw with the carded fibre.  The fibre is BFL and very soft. 

Happy Spinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What the Fade Complete!

At the start of this year, I cast on for something entirely selfish- a shawl by Andrea Mowry called What The Fade.  I was lucky to take a cl...